Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Visitor!

My best friend Lisha came to visit Jon and me, and I couldn't be happier! She arrived this morning at 7:00, and we picked her up at the Frankfurt airport. First off, I was a dunce and completely forgot to write down her arrival info, so we wandered around the terminal looking for any incoming flight from the US! Gotta love me sometimes. But randomly and amazingly we found her. We snatched her up and drove back to Wiesbaden where we dropped off all of her bags and headed out downtown.

Lish all bundled up ready to go.


We walked around downtown for like three hours, drinking gluwein and seeing all of the sights. There is a Christmas festival going on, so we walked through the festival, eating spiessbraten (which is a pork sandwich marinated in some unbelievably yummy sauce) and checking out the local vendors.

It started getting really cold so we decided to head back to the house to thaw out. After warming up, Lisha really wanted to see a castle and the only one I knew of near Wiesbaden was in Biebrich about 20 minutes away. The castle overlooks the Rhine river.





Friday we are checking into taking the Rhine River cruise, and Saturday we leave for Cologne. I am looking forward to visiting Cologne and seeing the Cathedral. My blogging friend Allison just went to Cologne and gave us ideas on what to see and do! Thanks Allison.
More to come soon
Have a great weekend

1 comment:

Bella@That damn expat said...

Ugh Frankfurt airport. I HATE it! Fiance and I get lost there few times a year.

But at least the ticket from here is only $20.

Have fun with Lisha!