Monday, December 1, 2008

Prague with the Rents

The day my parents arrived, we took them to the downtown area in Wiesbaden and enjoyed the Christmas festival. Most of you probably don't know, my step dad Steve, (below) had a severe stroke in February, losing the movement on the right side of his body and his speech. The doctors gave him a 3%, yes 3% chance of living the first day. Well look at him now!! He has been through strenuous therapy and is doing really well! Thanks to the power of prayer from all of our family and enourmous group of wonderful family friends, now he walks without a cane using an electromagnetic machine to help move his knee properly. He still cannot speak but we can usually understand what he saying, just by his expressions. I am so thankful that he is still here with us and SO very thankful and blessed that he and my mother were able to travel so far to visit Jon and I. We thank the Lord everyday for what he has done for Steve and my mom!

My parents

Jon and me

A couple of pictures from our first day in Prague with my parents!
Steve wearing my sunglasses!


The Christmas Festival in Prague


Jon and Me


An amazing pastry vendor. This pastry is rolled in cinnamon and looks just like the sign below!


Prague

My parents on the Charles Bridge.

My mom took 100 pictures the first day we arrived! I guess I take after her with my picture taking! We are about to grab breakfast and check out the castle here in Prague. We are then headed out to Cesky Krumlov, a little fairy tale town in the Czech Republic! I will have TONS of pictures soon! Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

valerie said...

I know you are so glad to have your parents there. How fun to be able to share so many of the places you've been. Their own personal little tour guides.

Only 100 pictures the first day? ;)
I love it! You know me and pictures.

It's good to see Steve doing so well. He looks great. I'm also thankful that the Lord allowed him to heal like he has and that they are able to be there with you & Jon.

I'll be anxious to hear more. And the guest room looks fabulous!