Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Case of the Mundays

Yesterday was an absolute lazy day and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Lisha and I literally did NOTHING. We sat on the couch, watched Step Brothers and Christmas Vacation dozing in and out of sleep. If you haven't watched Step Brothers you've got to.



It is the most hilarious movie! It's a little riskee' around the edges and there is some bad language so beware for the kiddos sake. Actually kiddos probably shouldn't watch it at all. But we laughed through the entire movie. It's one of those make your stomach muscles hurt kind of movies.

It literally was a case of the Mundays, we didn't feel like doing anything. The most active point of our day was walking two blocks to the Rewe, down the street, to grab ingredients to make guacamole. After making that, we sat right back down on the couch and didn't move until Jon made it home. Guacamole is my all time favorite dip. I could eat it everyday and never get sick of it. While she was here, Lisha and I made guacamole 3 different times. Thanks Lish for eating lots of yummy guac with me!

Jon made reservations at the Brauhaus for dinner so we could take Lisha out for her last night here. Brauhaus is one of our favorite German restaurants, it is so cozy and well decorated. Not to mention the food is out of this world.

Lisha and me at dinner

Jon and me hammin it for the camera.


After dinner, as we were walking back to the house, we came across this couch on the side of the road. When they don't want furniture anymore, Germans just put there things on the side of the road, to get rid of them. Not just furniture but literally anything they don't want anymore. One night Jon and I came home from dinner and there was a pile of stuff on the side of the road, anywhere from ski's to a refrigerator and microwave. We sat out on the balcony and watched to see how long it took for the pile to disappear. People just come a long and grab what they want from the pile. When we left our house this morning this couch was already gone. It's like a sidewalk garage sale only you don't pay, you just take.



Earlier in the afternoon we put together ingredients to make sugar cookies and let the dough sit for a while in the fridge so it would be easier to roll and cut. When we arrived back home from dinner the dough was ready so we got to cuttin' and cookin'.

Here we are making sugar cookies




Some Santa faces. There is a blog called cake wrecks! I should totally be on their blog under cookie wrecks! I am not the best cookie decorator ever.



I have to share this cookie recipe with you. My mom has been making this recipe since Sean and I were kids, I love these cookies. Again, this is another completely easy recipe that if I can make ANYONE can!

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup margarine or butter softened

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

2 1/2 cups all purpose flower

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cream of tarter


Mix powdered sugar, margarine, egg, vanilla and almost extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, and cream of tarter.
Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.

Heat over to 375 degrees. Roll dough on lightly floured rolling board. (Also roll on floured covered surface) Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until edges are light brown, 7 to 8 minutes.

AWESOME cookies! I think you'll enjoy.
I was so sad to see Lisha go, but she will be visiting so soon! I miss her already. Now I have no one to eat guacamole with (tear). Jon and I had such a great time with her, she was only here for 6 nights so we didn't get to visit many places. We are planing on a trip to Greece when she comes back to visit next year. I am sooo looking forward to this.

Only two days until Christmas
Have a great Tuesday

4 comments:

Allison said...

those cookies aren't nearly as "wrecky" as some of the stuff on Cake Wrecks :)

Bella@That damn expat said...

Send me some of those cookies!

KatBouska said...

I'm with expat. Cookies, please!

And I've seen Stepbrothers and you're right it IS hilarious. I felt like a 14 year old boy laughing as hard as I was and some of those scenes. :)

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

No way, those cookies are adorable. 10,000 times better than most of the things on Cake Wrecks.