Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our Weekend Continued

Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Monday! It's always so hard to get back into the groove of things after a holiday weekend, especially when the weekends ALWAYS fly by.

Here's is our weekend update continued: Lots of pictures to follow.

Saturday Jon and I got up and around, picked up our friend Brendan and headed for the Opel Zoo. Jon and I went to the Opel Zoo earlier this year when it was still very chilly, so it was nice to see it during the summer. Some pics of our trip:






And one of the best parts of the zoo was eating hamburgers!
This is my second hamburger since living here in Germany.
Perfect 4th of July food!
It was pretty hot that day, so after the zoo we headed back to the house and took it easy for the rest of the night.

Sunday we slept in (which is not normal for us, so it was such a treat) and took our time getting up and around. In the afternoon we drove to Frankfurt to visit the Stadel Museum. It's a great museum with some amazing art. Of course I took pictures:

Some of my favorite from that day:


We stopped to have lunch at the cafe in the museum which was beautiful. We sat outside, had turkey panini's and a glass of wine. It was such a nice lunch.

It was a very busy day in Frankfurt, there was a huge group of people gathered around the river watching a marathon. We stopped to watch for a bit and afterward headed to see the Dom. They were in the middle of working on the outside of the church so I could only get a couple of pictures of the sides and the back. It was still very beautiful.


It was a wonderful holiday weekend and we filled it with plenty of things to see.

Today I have piles of laundry calling my name! How laundry sneaks up on me like that is mind boggling!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

16 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! Love the photos!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

What great pictures!

I kept seeing your comments on other blogs that I visit, so I thought I'd check yours out - it's so cute! I love it!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those are great pictures yet again! I love the zoo!

Gleatie said...

Actually it wasn't just any marathon!! It was the IRON MAN!! ISn't that cool? Someone told me that yesterday!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I'm glad you got to enjoy a burger on the 4th of July weekend! I love seeing what you guys are exploring. So fun!

katie + bret said...

I LOVE THE ZOO! Love. Love. Love. How fun and yeah for yummy hamburgers!! :) Looks like you guys had a great time - I am glad the puppy got to join in as well!

Chase said...

you two have so much fun. I love it.
Sounds like you had a great 4th. Look at that Burger! YUM!

lola said...

Ah, I love giraffes! Thank you for the cute picture!

Also -- you mentioned that it took awhile to learn the features on your camera -- what do you have?

Kaci said...

Can I come visit!! Ooo now I want fries! Must resist.

LWLH said...

Great pictures...I always envy all the beautiful things you get to see! :)

Unknown said...

Love the pictures and the hamburger looks absolutely delicious!!!

Katie said...

I love going to the zoo! Fun pictures :)

Candice said...

I absolutely love going to the zoo! It looks like you guys had such a wonderful holiday weekend. Thanks for sharing all your fun pictures!

Kate said...

Great photos! Wow, I bet it is an adventure living in Germany. Are you picking up on the language?

Kebi Cedawna said...

Glad to hear you two had a wonderful weekend! The museum looks fun, I love that painting of the woman with the long flowing hair and all the flowers. Beautiful.

Abbie said...

That hamburger looks amazing! Why oh why did I decide to read your blog at 11 at night?!?!

The email you sent me in response to my comment was really sweet! I hope to someday take you up on that offer!!