Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weekend Update

Hello lovely friends and family! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We had a great weekend, but AS ALWAYS it flew by way too fast.

Friday night Jon took me out on a date! We went to one of our favorite restaurants, Symposium. It is a Greek restaurant and their food is to die for. I could literally swim in a vat of their tzaziki, it is Heavenly. After gorging ourselves (or maybe just me) we went back to our house and were in bed by 8:00! It's an exciting life we lead! But I couldn't help it, I was in a Greek food coma. And I think Sophie enjoyed it too.

Saturday morning we got up early and got ready for our fun day to Rudesheim to watch the Fasching parade. I took over 100 pictures from that day! It was so fun to see the Germans kick back, relax, and have a good time. We saw so many different costumes, from a dude dressed up as a Ghostbuster, to dudes dressed up like girls. We really had a great time. What is so fun about the parades is that not only do they throw candy from their floats, but they pour booze into your cups as they drive by. Everyone was in wine Heaven. (Except for me of course... I was just drooling over the wine.)


Sarah and me

My most favorite little man, Evans!!
(Sarah's son)

Evans and Jon sticking their tongues out!

Me and Evans

Silly Germans in their costumes!






After 6 straight hours of being on our feet, we were pooped! After the parade we hopped a train and headed home. I don't think I moved from the couch for the rest of the night. Being 32 weeks pregnant and standing for that long, WORE me out. And my poor hands and feet swelled up like crazy. My toes looked like "little smokie" sausages! We spent the evening watching my new FAVORITE show, Alias! I am completely hooked on this tv show and thank goodness we bought all 5 seasons on DVD because I literally can't wait to watch each episode.

Sunday, Jon and I went to look at a new "mommy" car for me! And I absolutely fell in love with it. It is a black Nissan Rogue, 2010... it's practically brand new, as the woman who owns it never drove it because she bought a brand new Mercedes. It is in pristine condition and even still smells brand new. I am so EXCITED because we go pick it up tomorrow and I will have a new mom mobile! Yippie! I think it'll be a perfect size vehicle for the three of us. I'll post pics of it soon!

Now, I'm off to get some much needed work done around this house.
I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!
I'll be back tomorrow with a 33 Weeks update.

Until then,

Tschuss!

2 comments:

JG said...

How fun! I have some friends who went to the parade and they had some funny costume stories too.

Isn't Alias awesome?? I am in love with David Anders. *sigh* Now I have to put it back on my Netflix queue!

LWLH said...

I love the Mario float...that is awesome! :)