Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dessert Recipe

Hey all!! I found a great new recipe for a somewhat healthy dessert that I knew I had to share! Here's is my new favorite:

4 Layer Dessert

What you need:

1 cup flour
1/2 cup finely chopped slivered almonds
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of butter or margarine melted
1 pkg (8oz) Philadelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups thawed Cool Whip sugar free whipped topping
2 cups cold fat free milk
1 package of Jello Fat Free Instant Pudding any flavor (I used chocolate)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, nuts and margarine; press onto bottom of 13x9 inch pan. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.

Beat cream cheese and sugar with a mixer until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of cool whip; spread over crust.
Beat milk and pudding mixes with whisk for 2 minutes; spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Refrigerate for several hours.

Note: I let the pudding stand for a couple of minutes to thicken and then spread it on the cream cheese layer.

and TADA....................

Hope you all enjoy your Wednesday!!

15 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yummo!! Thanks for sharing friend.

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy!!!

Megan said...

Wow! That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Gussy Sews said...

I love the dessert pics... but I also love the swirly on your whip cream ;)

JennyLee said...

OMG I am so glad you posted this! My mother used to make the same dessert but with lemon pudding. It was the most amazing thing ever! I couldn't remember how to make it. Thank you!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

If I was good at making stuff I would totally try this.

Lis said...

YUM!! That looks amazing!! I will definitely have to try it out - thanks so much for sharing!!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

mmmm, looks so good!

lola said...

that looks and sounds delish!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

yummy!!!=) you know i love new recipes=)!

Unknown said...

I'm definitely trying this! That looks mouth watering! No really, mouth watering cause I'm drooling as I type:p Thanks for the recipe!

Emily said...

oh my gosh! I wish u lived here !! so you could make this for me... omg.. i am like drooling over it!thanks for sharing!

Kelley said...

yum! I will totally try this in like 4 months!

Abbie said...

Oh man I seriously love you right now for sharing that with us! I know what I'm making for our next cookout!!

susanne said...

Just printed your recipe for the 4 Layer Dessert. Will try this week.
THANKS!!