Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Work in Progress

Since my parents will be here Saturday, I knew I had to bust my butt and get our new place in order. Jon and I have been working our little tails off, making this house a home, it has been a lot of work. I am finally fully unpacked and each room is coming together quite well. Slowly but surely this place will be looking awesome, I am truly happy with the results. There is still so much work to be done, but so far so good! I am going to show a little before and after action of each room, so you can see what I've had to work with!

As you may have read before, Jon and I don't have closets in our house. I guess it's some weird thing they do here in Germany, so we've had to box a lot of belongings up and stick them down in the cellar. The first room I wanted to tackle of course was the living room, because we literally live in this room.

This is what the living room looked like before:

And here is what we've done so far: we still need to get curtains hung.


I really dislike all of the chords showing. I don't know what to do about that yet!


This is a picture of the hallway looking at the front door:

Before

After:

A picture looking at the hallway from the dining room:


Next was my kitchen! Jon and I like to cook, but we were desperately lacking counter space and cabinets! So Jon and I bought a buffet with three drawers and a kitchen island so we could have some extra room.

Here we are putting the island together.

Jon's plumbers crack lol


A picture of the kitchen before:

And After:






The picture on the wall is from one of my long time friends Melissa, she gave it to Jon and I for a wedding gift. If you look closely you can see that each letter is an object shaped as a letter, that spells our last name. Pretty neat! Thanks Mel!



Next was an awfully messy room, the dining room. When Jon and I started unpacking we threw most of the stuff in the dining room and the spare room just to get it out of the way. Here is what it looked like before. Empty dining room:


Unbelievably messy dining room

New and Improved: We have yet to hang curtains or put pictures on the walls.


Due to the fact that we don't have closets in ANY room, we used a spare room that leads into the master bedroom and turned it into a walk through closet. Here is the before and after.



We bought three wardrobes to hold our clothes. And I am using shelves to hold all of our toiletries and towels, because there are no drawers or cabinets in the bathroom.


Mind the windex bottle lol.




Today I am going to tackle getting the spare room finished and cleaning up the office. I will have pictures posted soon of these rooms! The master bedroom is in desperate need of help. Thanks to my mom coming it will be looking great soon!
Hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I absolutely LOVE what you've done with the place. It looks awesome!!! Have a great Thanksgiving with your fam!

valerie said...

You've done a great job! I couldn't help but notice the Sooners pillow on the sofa. ;)

Your home is beautiful. I love each room and what you've done to them. Thanks for sharing Jon's crack. ;) Too funny!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you & Jon.
I'm leaving in the morning bright and early to go to Branson with my mom, mil, & sil. So, I'll not be posting for a few days, but have a wonderful time with your parents.

Love,
Valerie