Thursday, November 20, 2008

Back to the Gym I Go..........(sigh)

So....... my parents are coming to visit the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I am super excited about this for three reasons. First off, it will be so nice to have family visit! Secondly, my mom is a wonderful decorator and she is going to help me make our new place look fabulous. But third and most important............she is going to cook for Jon and me, A LOT! My mom is the BEST cook, seriously the BEST cook and I love to eat!

Which brings me to the title of my post, "Back to the Gym I Go." Because she makes such wonderful food, and I am going to eat everything she makes, it is in my best interest to get a head start on my holiday exercise so that I don't blow up like a blimp! Since Jon and I won't be able to make it home for the holidays, my mother is bringing the holidays to us, and while she is visiting plans on making us a Christmas feast! Holy smokes! I can't wait for this, but on the other hand I am utterly terrified because I already have trouble fitting into my jeans!

So today I drove to the airfield which is about 15 minutes away and got to walking on the treadmill. I walked 45 minutes (a little over 3 miles) and let me tell you, when I was walked out of the gym, my entire shirt was drenches in sweat like I had just run the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon! How sad is that?

I am extremely out of shape! And to think I walk two miles everyday anyway when I walk with Jon to work and back, I thought I was in pretty good shape. I obviously proved to myself today that I am not!

I know if I don't start working out now I am going to be 10 pounds heavier by the time my parents leave. So really I have no choice!!! And it will make it that much easier, and I won't feel as guilty when I stuff my face with all of her wonderful cooking!

Oh but did I mention, there is nothing I despise more than going to the gym. I would rather be kicked in the shin several hundreds of times, than have to go to the gym. I guess I'll just have to suck it up, because I can't lose weight sitting around eating Reisens and Haribo Gummy Bears all day long!

Here is picture of the Christmas tree downtown from our walk last night. (A bit blurry)



Yeah, It's almost Friday!

No comments: