Friday, November 7, 2008

Steph the Hypochondriac

Yesterday while I was unpacking a man came to the door and told me he was here to check our gas meter in our home. So I let him in to do his business and when he was done he came to me, not being able to speak good English and drew on a sheet of paper the letters CO. After he does this, he than says this is measuring too high and we need to call someone to check it out.

If you haven't met Hypochondriac Stephanie yet, "Hello nice to meet you. Here I am!"

I had a conniption fit just as soon as he walked out the door. I got on the internet and started looking up carbon monoxide poisoning and all of the symptoms that occurred from the poisoning! Of course after reading everything I could about CO poisoning, I started feeling every symptom, fatigue, nausea, headache, dizziness etc etc etc! I called Jon and had him call the landlord to let him know. He said they would get someone out on MONDAY! Are you kidding, I'm dying here!!!

So right when Jon gets home from work, I run out of the house and we drive to the airbase to get a carbon monoxide detector. All the while I am still feeling sick and have no idea what I am going to do. (and Jon is laughing at me because I'm such a darn goof and do this all of the time. My poor husband!) When we get home the first thing we do is plug in the detector. That was at 5:25 p.m. It is now 10:28 a.m. and of course (SILLY ME) there has been no alarm from the monitor! I guess I don't have carbon monoxide poisoning! (Thank you Lord) I guess I might have overreacted a little. Ya think!


1 comment:

valerie said...

You can never be too careful.
Kristen had Brian so scared about that recently he went out and bought one too. He lives in that older apt. and I know it made me feel better.
But, just a few weekends ago Kristen's husband was at a swapmeet and two men died overnight in their travel trailer from this very thing. were very good to be cautious and not wait until Mon. ;)
Isn't it funny though how we start having symptoms. I used to teach kindergarten and if a kid ever got head lice, my head started itching so bad I couldn't stand it. I never got it throughout those 17 years thankfully, but I'd sure have the school nurse check me often.