Monday, January 11, 2010

Training Day

Well hello family, friends, and dear bloggers! How are you all today on this lovely Monday?

I'm not too psyched that it's already Monday and that my vacation is over...... but I have to say I'm happy to be back to work. I've got a busy week ahead, full of hairdos, which I so look forward to!

Not only is it a busy work week, BUT Jon and I have started training for our 1/2 marathon that we are running in May! I am so excited/nervous to be doing this. I am not much of a runner but a couple of my friends have really gotten me into it and I'm hoping to keep up with it. I am super excited because the race is in Scotland, which Jon and I have never been to, and both are super stoked to see. We started training yesterday, and even though it was freezing cold and snowing, we got our butts out there and ran. Here are some pictures I snagged on our outing.


Everyone please wish us luck on our training!

I hope to stop by your blogs soon to catch up and see what you have been up to! Be patient with me pretty please ;)

18 comments:

lola said...

Yay for half marathons! I'm signed up for one in DC in March! :)

Good luck with training -- I'm a big fan of Hal Higdon's running/training plans, personally!

Lindsey said...

Good for you!!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Can't wait to hear about the training!

Unknown said...

Good luck! Gosh, running in Scotland would be a really big motivational point:) You can do it girl!

Amanda said...

I just started reading your blog, and I love it!

Good luck with you're training! I've just recently started running myself, and I pretty much suck at it haha. Maybe one day I'll be able to run a half marathon like you!

Katie S said...

Good luck!

Please follow me:
thelifeandtimesofkatiescott.blogspot.com

katie + bret said...

Hey lovey - GOOD LUCK! Enjoy the training, it will become very addicting very, very soon. It has turned into my own personal little therapy. I am in to my 3rd week of training for my second 1/2 coming up in April so I am right there with you girly! ENJOY! xx

Katie said...

good luck training, and good for you for doing it! I know I wouldn't be able to!

Annie said...

best of luck with your training!
i miss running and need to get back into it soon.
happy monday sweets! :)

JG said...

At least it makes pretty scenery for running! :) Good luck!

Liana said...

good for you for doing a 1/2!!! You're better than me, if it looked like that outside here there is no way id be running ;) I'm sending you good running vibes!

LWLH said...

Good luck on your training girl!!! :)

JennyLee said...

Good for you! I can't seem to motivate myself to get out in the below freezing temps!

katie said...

I haven't ever run a race, but I love when I get to that point with running when it becomes something I want to do instead of just something I said I would do.

A 1/2 sounds inspiring! Maybe I'll train for one of those someday.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Good luck on the running! That's awesome!

Jane said...

I have to say, you always take the most beautiful pictures. :-)

Good luck on the training! I'm hoping to kick my lazy butt into gear this year and train for a 5K in June (I am in no way, shape or form a runner). If that works out, then I will consider training for a half marathon. :-)

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my gosh that is awesome! Good luck!

Hater Von G said...

Good luck! I think it's so awesome you guys do those types of things together! :)