Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lovin' Me Some Castles

Hello dear family, friends, and blogging buddies! How are you all today?
Thanks for stopping by The Adventures of Jon and Steph!

First, I wanted to say a big thank you for all of the sweet comments about my photographs! You guys are awesome. I love taking photos and sharing them with you all, so it makes my day when people appreciate them! THANKS Y'ALL!!

Second, I wanted to share with you all our second day in Garmisch. We got up early Sunday morning and headed out to see the Hohenschwangau and Neuschwantsein Castles located in Bavaria, about an hour away from Garmisch. Both castles were built in the 19th century for Ludwig II. We had a scheduled tour of both castles, but sadly were not allowed to take photographs inside. I did however get a gagillion of the outside of the castle and the scenery. Here are just a few...

The Neuschwanstein Castle

Jonny D! and some scenery


The Hohenschwangau Castle.

The view from the castle.

Next we made the hike to the Neuschwanstein Castle. It's about a 30 minute trek up hill, but thankfully there was a bratwurst stand once we hit the top. Here are photos of the castle and some lovely landscape shots.


The view from inside the castle.


The view of the Hohenschwangau Castle
from Neuschwanstein.

This pictures were taken on a lovely bridge FAR off the ground! It was quite frightening, especially since the bridge was covered in snow. But what a fantastic view huh?!?


I hope you all enjoyed the photographs from our trip to Garmisch! and I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

16 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Gorgeous pictures!! You have managed to make snow look inviting :) Haha!! I'm glad you guys are having a blast!

Amanda said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to make it there one day soon!

Christy said...

Hohenschwangau is actually the castle that King Ludwig grew up in, it's his Father's castle. The bridge is called Marien's bridge, he built it for his mother to cross and get to Neuschwanstein!
We LOVED Hohenschwangau, the inside that is. Neuchwanstein has beautiful views, but with the amount of stairs, and the few rooms you get to see, it's one of those castles that you can go to once and not go again.

We LOVE Garmisch, such a beautiful town, our family will be heading back there for the umpteenth time in a couple weeks for skiing, sledding, and relaxing!

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous!!! I want to live in any one of these!

Jane said...

Not only fantastic, but absolutely brilliant! :-) I really hope I am able to visit Germany one day so I can see some of these places in person.

SS said...

The photos are amazing... perfect with the snow in the mountains. Reading blogs has quickly expanded my list of "must see" places! Thanks for sharing.

JG said...

Wow. Just...wow.... :)

Katie said...

how pretty! I've only been to Cinderella's castle at Disneyland haha so these are amazing!

Carrie said...

Pretty! :)

Your blog always makes me ten times as excited to be moving to Germany. I can't wait to see the castles!

In This Wonderful Life said...

I know I've told you this before but I'm SO jealous of your travels ...and of course, you do take the best pictures!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I think it looks absolutely amazing there!! Your pictures look fabulous!

morewineplease said...

these pics are stunning! I am so jealous!

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

I have an award for you!!!! :)

Kelli said...

You are living in a fairy tale :) Beautiful castles surrounded by the snow... ahhh.. breathtaking :)

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Those castles are gorgeous. It's amazing to me to think that people actually used to LIVE in them! Can you imagine?!

J.J. said...

OK....those shots are such eye candy! My favorite is the one between the columns :)