I am finally back from my blogging hiatus, and I sure have missed all of you and reading about your daily adventures! I can't believe I've been away from blogger for so long. Honestly, I've just been a little busy and haven't really felt compelled to write. I sure am glad to be back and hopefully I can get caught up with reading the gagillion posts I've missed out on.
Nothing too exciting has been going on with the Adventures of Jon and Steph.
Since I last blogged here's what we've been up to:
- We saw The Hangover in the German theater.
- It was my first theater movie in Germany EVER! and thankfully it was in English. Let me just tell you, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The movie was hilarious! Especially at the end as they were flashing through the pictures from their long forgotten night in Vegas..... too funny! If you haven't seen it, do so, you won't regret it.
- I'm almost finished planning our entire trip to Italy in September. I have all of the hotels and plane tickets booked, except for a hotel for our last night in Rome. I'm having some difficulties finding a good place that is near the train station. We have to get up so EARLY the morning that we head back to Germany, and I want to be near the train station so as not to have a conniption trying to be at the airport on time.
She rocks so much and made me a custom wallet. I really needed a wallet with two separate pouches, one for Euro and one for Dollars. She made that happen and I love it! I'll be doing a Gussy giveaway in a couple of weeks. Be looking out for that!
- I got my Gussy wallet!
- We've been helping our friends Sarah and Deaner out a little with their new house. They have lots of painting to do, and I went over last week to help her start painting her kitchen. She finished it, and it looks GREAT! Also, Sunday we spent 4 straight hours peeling away old.... and when I say old I mean OLD, wallpaper from one of their rooms. Even after 4 hours we couldn't get it all removed, so the poor thing continued working on it after we left and has gotten a lot more removed. What a job! But after it's all taken off, we'll paint it and the room will look brand new. Their house is going to be AWESOME! They're big football fans like us, so I'm sure we'll be spending Saturdays over at their place wathcing loads of college football.
- And the most exciting thing that has happened since my hiatus is..... we bought our tickets to go home in December for Christmas and New Years! I am SOOO thrilled about this. We haven't been home in ONE year, and I so look forward to seeing our families and friends. We'll be visiting for almost three weeks. We have been away for TOO long. It will be so wonderful to spend the holidays at home.
I hope you all have a fantastic week! This Friday starts the Rheingau Wine Festival here in Wiesbaden and I am ecstatic. It's a two week festival with lots of great wine and good German food. I'll be posting lots of pictures of that I'm sure. Have a great Monday!